Themmoirs Creatives Collective
arts and culture
Fiscal Host: Open Collective Foundation
A digital space for creators who are committed to pursuing healing and justice through art and community-building
Become a financial contributor.
Themmoirs Creatives Collective is hosting the following events.
Providing a space to write and facilitated writing space to offer a space for healing
04:00 PM-06:00 PM UTC
Themmoirs Creatives Collective is all of us
Our contributors 3
Thank you for supporting Themmoirs Creatives Collective.
Transparent and open finances.
Credit from Julia Zoltowsky to Poetry as Political: A Facilitated Writing Circle •
Estimated annual budget
- What is Themmoirs?
- A weekly creative writing group for survivors
- A digital space for creatives who are committed to pursuing healing and justice through art and community-building
- Themmoirs creatives host virtual writing workshops and performances centered around art and healing as well as in-person events in New Orleans and Chicago
- Our goals as Themmoirs creatives:
- To post meaningful content that catalyzes our healing and expands that healing outwards
- To build a community of creatives that centers the expression of women, trans women, and nonbinary or gender-expansive people who have been impacted by trauma or violence
- To celebrate our post-traumatic growth while creating new channels for artistic expression
- To grow and expand our efforts to include an education and advocacy component
- What we plan to do:
- Host monthly or Quarterly workshops using poetry as political education/radical reimagining
- Lead national writing circles
- Discover how to use our individual lived experiences and healing practices to attract participants
- Community skill-share related to healing centered artistic/creative practice
- Create a national following and help people promote their related therapeutic arts or community healing events
- Add more education and advocacy component to our events
- Invite activists/artivists to facilitate or participate in our events