Next OSC Community Call: Dec. 15!
Published on December 5, 2022 by Richard Littauer
Just a quick update to invite you to our regular community call! It will be next Thursday, December 15th at 12:00pm ET.
This month, we are planning to cover:
- What YOU would like to talk about with other maintainers – add your agenda items here. We'll go through them during the call.
- The year wrap-up. We'd love for you to come with any wrap-up thoughts you have had over the last year, too! How has your collective grown this year?
- Integrating payments from third-party platforms for collectives; how many of you would like this? This would be like payments from things like merch sales on shopify that would automatically be added to your balance on the platform.
And, as a reminder, check out these opportunities:
- GitHub Accelerator is taking applications until the end of the year! This accelerator is offering $20k and a course to help your collective. It sounds great. https://accelerator.github.com/
- Green Web Fellowships are open until December 8th! If your project intersects with digital rights, it'd be worth looking at. https://www.thegreenwebfoundation.org/fellowships/
And if you have a chance, fill out the survey from the Atlantic Council about open source security from a global perspective. If you maintain an OSS project, your thoughts will be useful for helping policymakers working in this area.
A recording of the last event is here. We'll continue to record and document these conversations for those of you who are unable to attend. Do let us know if the timing of this event makes it hard for you to attend!
Note: Zoom details for the event can be seen after signing up as an attendee, above. They will also be emailed to you.
Thanks all, see you next week.
Sorry that I missed the meeting. I am currently sick. I am looking forward too the recording though.
Posted on December 6, 2022