Open Collective Foundation
Our payouts are processed twice a week. We will endeavor to pay within 7 days of an expense being approved by the admin of the Collective or Fund. We can usually turn payments around much sooner, but can’t guarantee that and don’t want to set that expectation. We make payments via Bank Transfer (via Wise) and can only make payouts to countries served by these payment processors. You are not required to upload an invoice document (the data you submit in the expense form is sufficient) but if you would like to include an uploaded invoice, please make it out to: Collective name, Open Collective Foundation, 340 S LEMON AVE #3717, Walnut CA 91789 USA.
NOTE: We are not currently able to pay out expenses to Paypal accounts. You can find more info on this here. We will post an update and re-activate the option on the expense page when this is an option again.
- Expenses go through 2 rounds of review and approval. First, a member of LSMA will review and approve the expense or ask for additional information. Then, a member of Open Collective will review the expense or ask for additional information.
- The first approval does not guarantee you will be reimbursed.
- The Open Collective reviewer is not affiliated with LSMA. They are a third party financial accountability functionary that is necessary to remain in good legal status with State and Federal Law and allow us to use Open Collective to store and distribute funds.
- We cannot reimburse any request without a receipt or other associated documentation (a gas bill, a rent invoice, etc). If you don't have a receipt or other documentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As of June 2022, expenses up to $100 will be approved once per month per contributor.
- If you need additional money or help, please email email@example.com.
- If you cannot submit a request on Open Collective, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I get paid from a Collective?
Submit an expense and provide your payment information.
How are expenses approved?
Collective admins are notified when an expense is submitted, and they can approve or reject it.
Is my private data made public?
No. Only the expense amount and description are public. Attachments, payment info, emails and addresses are only visible to you and the admins.
When will I get paid?
Payments are processed by the Collective's Fiscal Host, the organization that hold funds on their behalf. Many Fiscal Hosts pay expenses weekly, but each one is different.
Why do you need my legal name?
The display name is public and the legal name is private, appearing on receipts, invoices, and other official documentation used for tax and accounting purposes.
Collective balance$12,558.20 USD
Open Collective Foundation