Ledgerback Digital Commons Research Cooperative
A nonprofit cooperative association for fostering collaboration between stakeholders and unifying the study of the internet and society
Become a financial contributor.
Ledgerback Digital Commons Research Cooperative (LDCRC) members to pay for membership fees and annual dues through 40 hours of labor directed by th... Read more
You can support the cooperative and look stylish while doing it by purchasing Ledgerback-branded products such as t-shirts, stickers, and other mer... Read more
Starts at$20 USD / month
An introductory (101) micro-course on the platform cooperativism movement. Donations here will go towards creating the course materials, a certif... Read more
$0.00 USD of $200 USD raised (0%)
Starts at$2 USD
Please donate to support our work and so we can maintain, improve, and continue to make publicly available our information resources to help the pu... Read more
The LDCRC's Library gives you all the data you need to find people, organizations, language, and more you want to find in the alternative internet ... Read more
Starts at$50 USD / month
Support the following initiatives from Ledgerback Digital Commons Research Cooperative.
Ledgerback Digital Commons Research Cooperative is hosting the following events.
Ledgerback Digital Commons Research Cooperative is all of us
Our contributors 4
Thank you for supporting Ledgerback Digital Commons Research Cooperative.
Let’s get the ball rolling!
News from Ledgerback Digital Commons Research Cooperative
Updates on our activities and progress.
May 2021 Update
Introduction to Platform Cooperativism Mini-course: Part 1
What is the Ledgerback Digital Commons Research Cooperative?
A glocal society and infrastructure supported by ledgerbacked systems and thinking.
Peering into the noggin.
- lack of educational resources for understanding the blockchain industry
- rise of scams, theft, and unsavory practices in the blockchain industry
- lack of local discussions on the blockchain industry other than financial and payments use cases
Principles and Values
- Decentralization is a spectrum, with our goal to continually decentralize our processes
- Member Empowerment
- No discriminatory behavior on the basis of race, sex, age, ethnicity, national origin, disability,
- We are in constant development
- Transparency and Openness is the default
- Complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity are natural occurrences
- One-size fits all approaches are unlikely to be helpful
- Egalitarianism is preferred when possible
- Open and voluntary membership
- Democratic member control
- The Commons (knowledge, documentation, tools, etc.) should be freely accessible to members
- Commons-driven: We are pushed by our collective nature and focus on collective action
- Non-hierarchical Decision-making: Decision-making that supports individual autonomy and amplifies collective action
- Diversity: We need and desire diverse people, methods, and approaches
- Complexity: Complexity naturally arises in the DOTS space and should be kept in mind when evaluating topics.
- Systems Thinking: Don't hate the player, hate the game.
- FLEOSS: Support and grow FLEOSS technologies and practices
- Open Science: Support and grow open access, open data, open scholarship, open peer review, and open publishing efforts, technologies, initiatives, and practices
- P2P Foundation
- Nexus Mutual
- Santa Fe Institute
- Internet Interdisciplinary Institute
- Tokens Agora Meetup Group (Defunct)
- Russell Harkanson
- Stephanie Asao
- Althea Mesh
- Matt Heck
- Jessie J
- Ewa Fabian
- The Ready
- The Co-oplaw
- The Catalan Integral Cooperative
- Nathan Schneider
- Michael Bauwens
- Elinor Ostrom
- Max Planck Society
- Mondragon Cooperative
- Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Morning Star
- Open Source Drug Discovery
- Stephanie Asao
- Co-op Cincy
- L'Atelier Paysan
- Chôra Foundation
- Citizen Cyberlab
- Citizen Science Center Zurich
- Co-operative College
- Citizens and Technology Lab (CAT Lab) at Cornell University
- Trustlines Network
- Aleeza Howitt
- MIDATA Cooperative
- Corporation for Digital Scholarship
- Radical Open Access Collective
- Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (BOINC)