Thanks for your support! Here's what we're up to.
Published on June 12, 2022 by John Starich
Thanks for all of your support! It's making a big difference.
Here's a quick update for what we've been up to lately!
- Sent out a blog post on the power of HackpadFS: https://blog.johnstarich.com/write-once-store-anywhere-extensible-file-systems-for-go-65c7c0949e74
- Discussing ideas for file events and live updates in Hackpad(FS) in hack-pad/hackpad#21
- Continuing Hackpad service worker parallelism in hack-pad/hackpad#18.
- Added more robust support for Windows in HackpadFS: hack-pad/hackpadfs#13
- Fixed go-indexeddb for use with Go 1.18: hack-pad/go-indexeddb#3
Thus far, parallel service workers can boot up for each new executed process. 🎉 Next up is communication between processes. Specifically, we're implementing raw pipes so processes can pass information to one another, like the shell sending text output to the editor's terminal, or capturing the output of commands like go version.
A heads up: Pushes to the parallelism draft are a bit infrequent while we battle with quirks of Golang in Wasm environments. Those quirks have led to particularly difficult-to-debug crashes in the runtime. 💥
Feel free to reach out if you have a bug or feature that's been on your mind.
Thanks again for your continued support.