Transparent and open finances.
Credit from Guest to Athens Housing Advocacy Team •
Fundraiser to Support Athenians Facing Displacement:
Prosperity Capital Partners, a real estate company located in Florida, recently purchased units in Athens-Clarke County located in the neighborhoods of Highland Park, Hidden Pines, Lexington Heights, and Rosemary Place - all neighborhoods with the few remaining affordable housing units in Athens-Clarke County.
Their affiliated management company, Strategic Management Partners, has notified residents that they will no longer accept Section 8 housing vouchers and will be hiking up the rent at unsustainable amounts, with many residents experiencing a rent increase of more than double what they have been paying for years. Mass amounts of Athenians face displacement and homelessness.
On top of that, the management company of all of these neighborhoods (Strategic Management Partners) refuses to respond to resident maintenance requests, especially requests that endanger the well-being of residents and their families, such as mold, malfunctioning AC/heat, roaches and rats, etc.
We need your help! Please consider donating what you can (See below under "Give Aid!")
The Athens Housing Advocacy Team (AHAT) is supporting residents in this difficult and urgent time. Residents need help with gathering funds for moving logistics, finding storage units, providing security deposits, acquiring legal aid, completing new rental applications, etc.
1) Make an Open Collective account if you don't already have one (upper right corner, click sign in then create an account).
2) Come back to opencollective.com/ahat and submit a request (drop-down menu upper right corner).
3) Upload a copy, screenshot, or picture of the expense you need paid and your payment method (PayPal or bank account only)
4) Submit your request!**
** Please note that we may not be able to fully cover your expense depending on the amount of funds we receive and the number of people who need aid.
WHAT DO WE FUND?
- rental application fees
- security deposits for a rental unit
- hotel room
- Uhaul truck
- storage units
- packing materials (tape and boxes)
1) Click the red box that says "Contribute" at the bottom of the page!
- Email email@example.com to get involved
ABOUT ATHENS HOUSING ADVOCACY TEAM:
NEED MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HOUSING IN ATHENS?
Tenants of Strategic Management Partners demand repairs, lower rent
Become a financial contributor.
Athens Housing Advocacy Team is all of us
Our contributors 65
Thank you for supporting Athens Housing Advocacy Team.